- Students are encouraged to use YourStatsGuru as a source of expert advice and knowledge. Whilst every effort is undertaken to provide the best and most rigorous academically correct possible quality of service and advice, YourStatsGuru cannot be held liable for the differing standards or understanding of mathematics and statistics at various institutions or within various disciplines.
- YourStatsGuru takes no responsibility for the academic performance of any student.
- Under no circumstances will YourStatsGuru provide a guarantee about a student’s grades (or similar e.g. ATAR). No-one can legitimately guarantee a student’s performance, except the student themselves.
- YourStatsGuru values academic integrity as paramount. As such, no negotiations will be entered into regarding the completion of an assessed piece of work on behalf of a student. Plagiarism, the act of passing off someone else’s work as your own, will not be knowingly facilitated by YourStatsGuru. Students may certainly ask for assistance with assessed work, but assistance will be given in the form of instruction and guidance only.
- YourStatsGuru is a member of the Australian Tutoring Association and follows their Code of Practice.
- YourStatsGuru holds current Working With Children Checks and complies with all required legislation regarding the teaching of minors.
- Whilst parents are encouraged to be involved in their child’s tuition, their attendance throughout tutoring sessions is strongly discouraged as it typically interferes with the student’s willingness to admit to areas of academic weakness.
- YourStatsGuru is a members of the Statistical Society of Australia Inc., the professional body for Statisticians in Australia.
- YourStatsGuru is recognised as a Specialist Accredited Tutor by Accredited Tutor.
- YourStatsGuru is not a replacement for institutional teaching. Students should not expect that YourStatsGuru can provide a replacement for secondary or tertiary classes (except by arrangement). Students are strongly encouraged to attend all their scheduled classes and to use the services of YourStatsGuru to supplement their institutional education.
- Teachers are encouraged to utilise YourStatsGuru’s services to support their classroom efforts and/or discuss the mathematics within the curriculum. We both want to see a competent, successful and happy student.
- All face-to-face sessions take place at YourStatsGuru, 112 Garden Grove Drive, Mill Park. (Google Maps: YourStatsGuru). Students/Parents are encouraged to park in the driveway. (Please note, we presently have two cats who may or may not make their presence known).
- Online sessions will take place through a video conference service, e.g. Skype or FaceTime, unless otherwise arranged. Which service is to be used must be arranged at least 48 hours prior to the commencement of the session.
- No warranty is provided for the quality of call/video signal for online sessions.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late to your session without prior notice, management reserves the right to cancel the remainder of your session, regardless of length.
- Non-attendance at a scheduled session will result in a “No Show” invoice being issued for the amount equivalent to a 1 hour booking or 50% of the fee for your scheduled appointment, whichever is greater.
- A cancellation fee, equivalent to a 1 hour booking or 50% of the fee for your scheduled appointment, may apply should you cancel your booking less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled start time (at discretion of management).
- Unless previously arranged, payment is required in full prior to the session commencing. Online sessions must be prepaid at least 48 hours prior to commencement of session. Payments can be made in Cash, via MasterCard, Visa or PayPal and also via Direct Deposit. Direct Deposit payments, unless otherwise arranged, must be made at least 48 hours in advance of scheduled starting time.
- Accounts more than seven (7) days overdue may be referred to a collection agency. In the event where an overdue account is referred to a collection agency and/or law firm, the payee will be liable for all costs which would be incurred as if the debt is collected in full, including legal demand costs.
Location and provision of services
Late, Non-attendance, Cancellation
Last updated: 17 January 2018